Additional Resources & Community Discussions
Comments from the Call:
- sarahdonna: hi! yes, I’m on a plane 🙂
- Michelle: I’m having a similar issue but in the opposite way – I’ve been offered a part time remote position at a company I’m really excited about. They gave me a tentative start date of Nov. 4 and said I should be on the lookout for a contract soon. After a few weeks I sent a response asking for an update, and they said they’d get back to me closer to the start date. Well, November 4th has come and gone, and I hesitate to send another follow up. I think because I’m afraid of being pushy will lead them rescinding their offer.
- Neena Stephen: commitment is what screams for me.
- Neena Stephen: hugs Emily ❤️❤️
- Ada Chen: UGH YES! Committing to myself is a huge thing for me too ❤️
- Michelle: “I’m not worth doing these things” THIS is one of my biggest issues as well
- sarahdonna: I am feeling all of these things too! I’ll bend over backwards for my best friends and family but put myself last
- Michelle: and it’s so easy to feel alone in this!!!
- Kait Buck: Seriously working through it in therapy for like the past 4 years hahahah
- Kait Buck: but I was where you are at with feeling like any time focused on just me was “waste”
- Kelly Berndt: The brain and its chemistry can be so evil! Owning it and facing it head on shows how much strength you have and that you WILL persevere <3
- Emily Rose: thanks, everyone. appreciate the solidarity. i wish not everyone felt this way (!) but it probably says something about our culture that we do
- Kait Buck: 100%!
- Ada Chen: ^this!! It definitely says something about our culture — what a good observation ❤️